QDOS strives to strike a balance between impeccable products that boast innovative features and a minimum impact on our environment. Our goal is to go above and beyond a 100% eco-friendly product range: we aim to be the driving force in our sector for environmental protection.
This is achieved by not only involving our employees (designers, product managers, logistics coordinators, etc.), but also our entire ecosystem: raw material suppliers, production plants, transport companies, distribution networks, and even our customers!
Some of our key initiatives:
- Optimized energy and water consumption in our plants
- Limited and recycled production waste
- Products made from recycled materials
- Packaging en fibres FSC recyclées, sans colle
- Educating our consumers through clear communication on how to easily recycle our products and packaging
- Support for environmental protection associations
At QDOS, we feel that it is our responsibility as citizens to actively participate in the fight against global warming and reduce our carbon footprint. This two-fold objective incites us to adopt more sustainable practices, a process that has been underway for several years:
- Launch of our "ECO" cases, made from 81% wheat straw and certified bio based and compostable co-polyester (PBAT).
- QDOS became a member of "1% for the planet", donating revenue to a number of NGOs.
- OptiGuard became 100% recyclable: the "recyclable" product logo is featured on the applicator to encourage users to deposit it in the recyclable waste container.
- Selection of ISO 14001 certified suppliers (environmental management). All of our partners are certified or in the process of obtaining certification.
- For our OptiGuard products, a 10% cap is applied to glass offcuts during the manufacturing of our screen protectors. These offcuts are reused and transformed into new glass panels.
- More than 3,000 liters of water are recycled in our glass manufacturing plant, thanks to a new wastewater reuse process.
- Use of less energy-intensive production units (up to 78% energy savings as compared to the previous generation).
- Selection of plants in France and abroad that comply with GSC standards.
- Member of the Amfori association, which helps members monitor supply chain performance with a goal to promoting sustainable trade.
Innovating for users AND for the environment
The history behind QDOS is one of innovation, which is at the very heart of both product design and manufacturing processes. Our #1 goal: to produce goods in an increasingly responsible manner.
- A choice of production sites committed to a resolute environmental approach: in France and abroad, all partners in the QDOS value chain have been audited to determine their capacity to use GRS materials, measures implemented in terms of water and energy consumption and recycling, as well as compliance with ISO 14001 certification dedicated to environmental management.
- In partnership with our suppliers, we have chosen to optimize product design, combining environmental standards with the typical high quality attributes of our products.
- We also work on designing eco-responsible packaging, thanks to the meticulous selection of recycled raw materials from PVC and glue to maximize recyclability.
Our cases and pouches meet the GRS standard. What exactly is it?
Global Recycle Standard (GRS) is an international certification that attests to the composition of recycled materials in a product, as well as certifies that the production process complies with certain environmental and social criteria.
- Products must be partially or entirely composed of recycled fibers.
- The production tools must comply with an action plan to control water and electricity consumption. A waste management system must also be implemented.
- The certified company must meet social requirements in terms of non-discrimination, health and the safety of its workers on the production site.
What are the two types of recycled materials?
- Pre-consumer (also called post-industrial): these are materials recycled from waste products stemming from a manufacturing process (scrap: products in a factory collected during a manufacturing process, often in the form of scrap raw materials, defective goods...)
- Post-consumer: better known to the general public, this includes household waste (paper, newspapers, bottles, cans, etc..) that have been sorted by the consumer.
Using both of these two types of recycled materials, QDOS nonetheless focuses its efforts on post-consumer waste, a key driver of the circular economy and a leading lever for reducing the carbon footprint.
Our packaging is made from FSC paper products. What does this mean?
The FSC label was created by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a non-profit organization that promotes the responsible management of the world's forests. The "FSC Recycled" label, obtained by QDOS, certifies that the product is made from 100% recycled materials.
This initiative is combined with other eco-responsible choices: elimination of the PVC merchandising display hook (eurohook) in favor of cardboard, elimination of glue, etc.
Our job is to manufacture goods using recycled materials. Your mission is to actively recycle.
All our products and packaging are recyclable. To ensure that they become an integral part of tomorrow's circular economy, we encourage our customers to dispose of both our products and packaging in dedicated containers. Learn more about recycling
An approach at the heart of an ecosystem
Our environmental approach is at the heart of an ecosystem of suppliers, partners and customers. To give a framework and visibility to our initiatives, we have chosen the following partners.
Amfori is an association dedicated to global and sustainable trade. The entity promotes a world where the company plays a virtuous role at the social, environmental and economic level. It offers a range of services, tools and training that allow:
- Performance monitoring within a supply chain,
- Initial and ongoing training for members and their suppliers, so that they can continuously improve
- Influencing the global and local policy framework for sustainable trade to develop.
1% for the Planet
Initiative launched in 2002 in the United States by two philanthropists (including one of the founders of the Patagonia brand). Their objective: to bring together companies wishing to contribute to the protection of the environment. To do this, they undertake to donate 1% of their turnover to approved associations. This initiative has grown significantly since it has motivated more than 6,000 members in nearly 91 countries. Since its creation, more than 350 million dollars have been devoted to environmental associations.
The FSC label was created by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a non-profit organization that promotes responsible management of forests around the world. The “FSC Recycled” label, obtained by QDOS, certifies that our products are made from 100% recycled materials.
Global Recycled Standard
Global Recycle Standard (GRS) is a global international certification that attests to the composition of recycled materials in a product, but also certifies production that meets certain environmental and social criteria.
Our Sustainability Pillars
We continually develop and innovate our design and manufacturing processes to ensure a robust, eco-friendly, approach that focuses on the Three R’s of Sustainability: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
We hold ourselves accountable in minimising our ecological impact from eco-conception to eco-production of all packaging elements including eco-design and materials, volume of packaging used, encouragement to recycle and packaging production
We support a low carbon economy through careful selection of the origin of raw materials, optimisation of manufacturing locations, choice of eco-responsible transport, and focus on preservation of the environment
Votre sac est actuellement vide.